NHS takes their Give Blood appeal to the streets

Thames Valley Advan CampaignNHS Blood and Transplant have launched an Outdoor Advertising campaign for the Thames Valley Blood Donor Appeal to encourage the public to support their local blood bank.

The outdoor advertising transports the important message of the appeal direct to the public by using Bus Rears and Advans – the mobile billboard.

Direct communications are a vital tool when trying to encourage behaviour change and Outdoor Advertising is a medium that can target people when simply engaged in their day to day activities. The message can be seen and shared by everyone in the public space and is important for creating a buzz, world of mouth and public opinion of the vital service.

80% of consumers have responded to a Bus Advertisements, with the average bus covering over 700 miles every week generating great opportunity to see. Mobile Advans support the campaign by reaching busy pedestrianised precincts, straight to the heart of the public.

The proximity campaign targets Slough, Staines and Reading and encourages people to ‘Save a life – give blood’ and support their local session.Thames Valley Bus Rear

The advertising creative provides the telephone number and website details in which you can visit to book your appointment to donate blood.

96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood (blood.co.uk) and the Outdoor Campaign aims to increase blood donations to go toward changing this statistic.

 

On Thursday 29th March between 10.15 – 12.30 and 13.45 – 16.30, the Thames Valley Blood Donor Appeal will be at the Innovation Centre, 99 Milton Park.

Make a date to donate and visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23.