Advertise on RouteMaster buses one of the most famous symbols of London recognised as the traditional London bus character globally.
Also known as the ‘Heritage Bus’ the bus is an important vehicle still part of London’s transport system and runs on Central London routes, the perfect advertising vehicle at the heart of Capital.
Advertising on the Routemaster Heritage bus adds a sentimental value to your campaign as onlookers and tourists wishing to take a trip down memory lane to the nostalgic world of London transport flock to see, photograph and ride on the Routemaster Heritage buses.
With thousands rushing to see the bus in transit your advertising will reach an unparalleled amount of consumers and make a statement on London’s busy central high streets.
As well as targeting London dwellers, London is a key destination for overseas and domestic visitors and welcomes 26.8 million tourists and visitors who could see your advertising (GB Tourism Survey, VisitEngland).
Why Routemaster buses?
In February 2012 the ‘New Routemaster’ bus started running on London roads with the first journey setting off from Victoria Station in Central London. Mike Weston of TFL said the new buses would become “a much-treasured sight on the streets of London”.
The New Routemaster is the first new bus design in London for more than 50 years and turns heads wherever it goes, you bus advertising can feature on this new icon. Specifically designed for the Capital’s streets the New Routemaster uses the latest green diesel-electric hybrid technology. With three sets of doors, each with oyster cards readers and two staircases to the top deck offers easier boarding and access to the London commuter and increased usage.
Growing bus passenger numbers in London ensures your bus advertising is seen and delivered to a vast audience.
Bus advertising facts:
- Bus advertising can reach the resident population of 8.2 million (Census 2011) plus the 26.8 million tourists and visitors to the city (GB Tourism Survey, VisitEngland). That’s a possible audience of a staggering 35 MILLION.
- 80% of consumers have responded to a Bus ad.
- 91% of Londoners can spontaneously recall a Bus ad.
- 6 in 10 London shoppers agree that shopping in London inspires them to try new things.
- 65% of London shoppers agree that they are likely to spend more when shopping in Central London than they would on their local high street.
- Shoppers spend £62.4 billion in London last year; making it the world’s shopping capital.
The iconic Routemaster Heritage bus and New Routemaster buses are favourite symbols of London, and part of recent and past history of the UK. Stand out on London icons – call us on 0208 003 2573 for your free bus advertising campaign plan.